GERICS and the IPCC Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5ºC
The IPCC Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5ºC has a very special meaning for GERICS, as our director, Daniela Jacob, was a Coordinating Lead Author (CLA) for Chapter 3, together with one colleague from Jamaica and another from Australia. As such, Daniela, was the only German scientist who served as a CLA on the report.
Numerous members of staff at GERICS actively contributed to the preparation of this Special Report. In addition, a great deal of scientific information in the context of the report and with regard to a global warming of 1.5 °C has been processed, and many new GERICS products have been developed.
IPCC Special Report published
The Special Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change makes important contributions to the World Climate Change Conference to be held in December 2018 in Katowice, Poland.
GERICS und der IPCC-Sonderbericht über 1,5°C globale Erwärmung (in German only)
The metropolitan region of Hamburg in a 1.5 ° C warmer world
GERICS has developed a flyer on the effects of 1.5 ° C global warming for the Hamburg Metropolitan Region, and put together more information about the background of the special report.
Die Metropolregion Hamburg in einer 1,5°C wärmeren Welt (in German only)
The Hamburg Metropolitan Region in a Warmer World
In addition to the 1.5 ° C flyer, GERICS has compiled another flyer describing how global warming of 2 ° C, 3 ° C or 4 ° C affects the Hamburg metropolitan region.
Die Metropolregion Hamburg in einer wärmeren Welt (in German only)
On the background of the IPCC special report on 1.5 ° C global warming
Another GERICS flyer provides information on the origins and objectives of this special report and gives an overview of the most important questions that the SR1.5 addresses.
Zum Hintergrund des IPCC-Sonderberichts über 1,5°C globale Erwärmung (in German only)
GERICS at COP24 in Katowicefurther information on events and speakers
Statements and interviews on the results of COP24 from Daniela Jacob and María Máñez (in German only)
- Statement von Daniela Jacob zum Abschluss der COP24 „Es hat geklappt!"
- Interview in der "Welt"mit Maria Máñez zu den Ergebnissen der COP24 „Deutschland hatte keine klaren Steuerungskonzepte“
- Interview mit Daniela Jacob auf NDR Kultur „Kattowitz: Klimarettung durch Gruppendruck"
Further GERICS articles on the IPCC Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5ºC
- Half a degree matters The climate researcher Daniela Jacob explains what difference it makes and whether we are able to limit global warming to 1.5 or 2 degrees at www.helmholtz.de (in German only)
- The report on 1.5°C global warming-relevant aspects for climate services Article in "Climate Services"
- Climate Change: A clear view on the impact it inflicts Article in openaccessgovernment.org
- Keiner kann mehr sagen, wir hätten von nichts gewusst - Ein Überblick zum Sonderbericht über 1,5 °C globale Erwärmung Article in DMG Mitteilungen 2/2019 (in German only)